Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Spirit of Lent


The Lenten Prayer of St. Ephrem the Syrian:

O Lord and Master of my Life,
Do not abandon me to a spirit of idleness
discouragement, ambition, and idle talking!

But rather bestow your grace upon me your servant,
the spirit of chastity, humility, patience and love.

Yes O lord and King,
Grant me to see my failings
And not to condemn my brother,
O you who are blessed from ages to ages. Amen.

I think this prayer is a perfect one to reflect on during Lent. It is especially good for a Passion Sunday like today! I pray today that you are able to reflect on this prayer as well. Let's pray for one another today in a special way, especially as we reflect on the Passion of Our Lord, that we might be able to receive the graces that God has in store for us. Let's pray that our hearts are not so full that we have no room to receive Him! Have a happy and blessed Holy Week!

No comments: