Saturday, September 1, 2012

Homeless Man: Rich Mullins

Terry Mattingly wrote a nice article on Rich Mullins and the Catholic Church. Rich, the fantastic writer and musician is famous for his song Awesome God, but he wrote many, many wonderful Christian songs that many are familiar with. He was a real example of a follower of Christ. He died tragically just a few weeks before his reception into the Catholic Church. The following videos are well worth the time. I hope you enjoy them! You can read more about Rich Mullins here.






Homeless Man: Rich Mullins Part 6 from objektivonemusic on GodTube.

To read more about the Kid Brothers of St. Frank click here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Padre-
I remember Rich Mullins well from my So. Bapist days as a youth leader! When I entered the Church and learned that he was in the process of becoming Catholic when he was killed, I was very pleased!

This little documentary is very precious. Thanks for posting it.
Meg

Padre Steve said...

I enjoyed it myself! I think he was a very special person for sure!

fbcallicoat@gmail.com said...

Rich Mullins is a personal hero to me. As a new Catholic convert, I kept hearing these "Catholic" songs on contemporary Christian radio and wondering who the artist was.

One day we were getting into the car on our way to Mass, when we heard that Rich Mullins had died. Honestly, I didn't know who he was. But then they started playing his songs, and they were all those "Catholic" songs I'd heard and wondered about.

Only after his death did I really get to know the man.

Today, I am haltingly following the same Franciscan path that Rich felt called to -- this past June I entered a third order Franciscan group. (I'm lousy at personal penance, though. I'm probably the worst Franciscan in history.)

Somehow I don't think Rich would mind, though.

Pray for me Rich, and I'll keep praying for you.