Friday, February 4, 2011

Pope John Paul II on Vocations


This is a fantastic video on vocations with the song "Take My Life" by Chris Tomlin. I hope if you are considering a vocation or if you know you have to go deeper in your relationship with God that this video might touch you to respond. Just say yes! Here is also a few words from Pope John Paul II on following Christ:


"I am often asked, especially by young people, why I became a priest. Maybe some of you would like to ask the same question. Let me try briefly to reply. I must begin by saying that it is impossible to explain entirely. For it remains a mystery, even to myself. How does one explain the ways of God? Yet, I know that, at a certain point in my life, I became convinced that Christ was saying to me what he had said to thousands before me: 'Come, follow me!' There was a clear sense that what I heard in my heart was no human voice, nor was it just an idea of my own. Christ was calling me to serve him as a priest."

No comments: