Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ringo: "I have found God"

God is good and He is always ready for us to return to Him. Here is the story of a Beatle who did just that!

Rock legend Ringo Starr, the 70 year old former drummer with the Beatles and recent Grammy award winner, who formerly had problems with alcohol and cocaine, speaks of his recent conversion:

From the Telegraph.co.uk.

In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, Starr, who is now a teetotal and has quit his 60-a-day cigarette habit, said that religion was one of the most important aspects in his life.

"I feel the older I get, the more I’m learning to handle life. Being on this quest for a long time, it's all about finding yourself," Starr told the paper at a Grammy Museum event in Los Angeles.

"For me, God is in my life. I don't hide from that ... I think the search has been on since the '60s.

“I stepped off the path there for many years and found my way [back] onto it, thank God.";">
Hat tip to Catholic Fire on this one.

No comments: