Friday, December 14, 2012

Cherokee Story


This is a fantastic story for the season of Advent:
A grandfather was teaching his grandchildren about life. “Inside of me there is a terrible fight going on, it is a fight between two wolves. A good and a bad wolf. The bad wolf is fear, anger, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, lust, resentment, self-pity, lies, deceit. The good wolf is joy, peace, patience, love, hope, forgiveness, compassion, friendship, truth. The same fight is going on inside you, inside every person." The children thought about this for awhile. Then one said: “Which wolf wins the battle.” The old man said: “The one you feed.” Each of us has to ask ourselves the question... Which wolf am I feeding? Let's pray for one another these days of Advent that we might continue to grow in holiness by feeding the good wolf!

2 comments:

michelle said...

Fr. Steve,
Looks like you did a great job on your blog site. I will be checking back regularly.
Michelle Becker

Padre Steve said...

Thanks Miche! I hope I can keep it interesting! Give my best to Earl and a big hug/kiss to the girls!