Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Prayer for Priests


Jesus Prayer for Priests

Father, I revealed your name to those whom you gave me out of the world. They belong to you, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word. Keep them in your name that you have given me so that they may be one just as we are one.

I gave them your word, and the world hated them because they do not belong to the world any more than I belong to the world. I do not ask that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from evil. Consecrate them in truth. As you sent me into the world, so I send them into the world.

I pray not only for them but also for those who will believe in me through their word, so that they may all be one as you, Father, are in me and I am in you, that they also may be one in us that the world may believe that you sent me.

Father, they are your gift to me. I wish that where I am they also may be with me, that the love with which you love me may be in them and I may be in them.
(John 17)

No comments: